Friday, February 8, 2008

Author News: David Sedaris, Kanye West

A couple of little tidbits for you today.

First, David Sedaris has renamed his new book yet again. It is now expected to be called When You Are Engulfed In Flames, but Publisher's Weekly reports that the title is likely to change again. What isn't expected to change is the release date, which is scheduled for June 3, followed by a 29-day book tour of 29 cities. You can check if your town is on the list here. I'm super excited about this, as I've loved the two Sedaris books I've read. The only disappointment is that I still haven't gotten to Dress Your Family In Cordouroy and Denim, and he's already got another book to add to the list! Yikes!

Second, I saw that Kanye West is going to be releasing a book and I had to wonder: Is anyone going to actually buy this book to read it? I think it's interesting that now if you're famous, no matter what you're famous for, you have to have a book about you. Really? Are you that interesting? I doubt it. Oh, and he also is going to have his own search engine called searchwithkanyewest.com. How hilarious is that? Sorry Kanye, but I don't think you'll be beating out Google anytime soon, especially with a name as uncatchy as that.

No comments: