Yesterday I was tagged by Sophisticated Dorkiness (whose blog you should totally check out by the way) to do this meme about how blogging has changed me (for better or worse). I hope you all don't mind a little break from all of my super long (as of late) reviews. First, the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you (and leave a comment on his/her blog after you do the tag).
3. Link back to this parent post.
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all (and inform them about it).
5. Post these rules— or just have fun breaking them.
Now, for my response.
How blogging has affected me? Oh, let me count the ways:
1. My book blog has encouraged me to read much more than I otherwise would have, in addition to getting me to read a wider variety of books.
2. Unfortunately, it has grown my TBR pile to well over 200 books. I don't think I'll get through all of the books I want to read within this lifetime (especially if I keep getting more in the mail each week!).
3. Blogging, in general, has allowed me to keep in touch with friends and family with whom I may have otherwise lost contact. It has also given me a great outlet for all of the stuff floating through my mind on a daily basis.
4. And it has given me a terrible, terrible addiction that also helps feed my need to procrastinate. Bad, bad blogging!
5. Lastly, it has allowed me to "meet" a huge community of people with the same interests as me (which of course has lead to my Google Reader being jam-packed all day every day...).
OK, so now I have to tag people (hopefully people who haven't already been tagged before). So let's see, how about beastmomma, Laura, and CJ.