Wednesday, June 4, 2008

David Sedaris' New Book

I meant to post this yesterday but this temp job is killing me. Tomorrow's the last day though (thank God).

Anyway, for you other David Sedaris fans out there, I guess you won't need me to tell you, but his new book came out yesterday! I'm super excited for two reasons:


1. It's a new book by an author I already LOVE.


2. A new book means book tours! Sedaris will be in San Francisco on June 26 and I WILL be there! Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome to carpool (if you're from Sactown).


OK then, I'm off to stare admiringly at this book because I will likely be waiting a long, long time before it's available at my library.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw David Sedaris interviewed on "The Daily Show" a couple days ago. He told Jon that he had spent three months in Hiroshima, Japan, in an effort to quit smoking. He said that he had read that one of the best ways to help to quit smoking is to move. I doubt that whoever wrote the recommendation to move as a tip to quit smoking had moving to Japan in mind, but Sedaris isn't exactly a normal person. He said he found the exact title for his new book in a book on public safety in his Hiroshima hotel room. Nowhere else would they have a chapter in a book on public safety with that title.